Thank you for visiting my website. I hope you enjoy it and will make suggestions to make it better!
Perhaps you would like to know a little about me. I was born on a 640 acre livestock and grain farm near Shirley, IL in the early 1950’s. I attended a country grade school (Ben Funk) and later graduated from Heyworth High School. My next educational adventure took me to the University of Illinois (go Illini!) where I planned on becoming an engineer.
That didn’t work out so well, but I did end up with a degree in Business Administration in 1973. I worked on an MBA, but quit for lack of money. I worked several different jobs, from factory to construction to basketball referee in the 1970’s. In 1979, I obtained my real estate license after getting “stuck” on my first house purchase. I later bought the brokerage I worked for, and ran my own company for about 10 years, going back in sales for someone else at that time.
I became interested in real estate education along the way and started teaching continuing education classes in the early '90s.. Shortly thereafter, I got involved with teaching prelicense classes as well and I now teach a variety of classes throughout Illinois and the nation.
I have also been involved in a plethora of REALTOR® activities and leadership roles. The following are a few highlights:
- Local Association President, twice REALTOR® of the Year and in 2004 was selected to the BNAR Hall of Fame
- State District Vice President and chaired many committees and task forces, including Seller Disclosure Task Force, for which I earned a Presidential Medallion.
- CRS of the Year, Educator of the Year and REALTOR®-Associate of the Year were three other honors I’ve earned at the state level.
- At the national level, I have served on many committees and groups, including the one that started the current Realtor Pulbic Image Campaign. In 2005, I chaired NAR’s Education Committee.
- You can see a more complete list of my activities if you download my complete resume below.
My hobbies include gardening, NCAA basketball and community/school activities. Yes, the following items are true about me:
- former minority owner of the Cleveland Indians baseball team
- photographed a UFO at age 16
- have attended 29 NCAA Men’s Basketball Final Fours
Click here to download my complete resume (PDF)
- Prompt, professional dealings with your staff. Outlines and handout material will be there on time!
- Easy to keep in touch with by phone or email. No waiting for a response!
- No unsubstantiated claims or embarrassing errors in the classroom. All information thoroughly documented and referenced. All OPINIONS will be classified as such!
- Never late. I will always be on time and will be in your city the night before a morning class, if at all possible.
- Pay a corporation, not a person. No 1099’s to complete at the end of the year. This will help to insure that I am an independent contractor and not an employee.
- I will provide a written contract, so there is no guessing as to when and where a class is to be held.
- I never double book! I will be there!
- All courses taught with the use of Powerpoint and an LCD projector.
- Students will have a valuable, take-home outline with phone numbers and websites, where applicable. I will also make education a fun experience for your students.
- Pro-REALTOR®. I will promote your Association and the REALTOR® family in general.
"My only regret -this class had to end! Kerry's been great from start to finish, and easily surpassed most of the professor's I had at the University of Illinois. If there were a doctorate in real estate - and Kerry taught it - I'd be enrolled in it!" - Nick C.